To all my fellow East Coasters bearing this crazy storm, here’s a few ways to keep yourself occupied in case you lose power that will have you shaking your heads saying, “What the hell did people do before they had electricity?"
- Make sure that you have enough alcohol and pot in the house. Those two things always make things way more fun and interesting!
- Cuddle up in bed with a good book. You know you’ve wanted to read “Twilight” or “Hunger Games.” No? Well, go read a book. Any book. I promise, it will make you feel smart.
- Write in your journal. Pfftt, what? You don’t have a journal? Well, you should. Because now would be a great time to write that book you promised yourself you’d write when you were 25 but never got around to it. Now is the time to write that stand up routine, song, or any story you’ve always wanted to write but never did.
- Talk to one another. You know, in person? I know, I know, it sounds insane, but talking to one another in person is what people have done for years before email, instant messaging, text messaging, Facebook and Twitter all came into play. And who knows, you might even LOL!
- Think about all of the ‘End of the World’ movies. What did they do during the crazy storms? (I cannot remember what they did, which is why I am asking if you can remember). And by no means am I insinuating that this is the end of the world, it’s just a comparison.
Okay, this is all I can think of for now. And I also just realized, most of my East Coasters have already lost power. Soooo, I guess this blog post may go to waste. But if not, stay safe, stay sane and once this is all over GET THE F!$*K OUT OF THERE AND MOVE TO CALIFORNIA WHERE NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS!!!